SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!!!



Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saved My Wet Cell Phone!!!

Phew!!!...finally...my cell phone was successfully up & out from the "pit" in the ladies washroom...I grabbed it went to turn on the tap...& ran some cool clean clear tap water over it for about 6 seconds while turning it all around... Wiped it really dry after the quick rinse. Flicking it up, down & sideways to get rid of the excess water. Tucked it into my handbag & drove home.

Got home...tried to turn it on but it was completely dead!!! So I went to charge it up. Wrong move...because it got really burning hot as it was charging...I probably barbecued some of the brain cells in the phone...

So I turned off the charger switch & pulled out the charger cord. Tried to turn it on again...the shinning little silver apple appeared... Hmmmm...it's still alive...after a while the 'slide to unlock' was visible. I slid it to the right...this time 'Enter Passcode' was visible. The key functions were responding really slow & that made it really hard to key in my Passcode...

Got my Passcode typed...& the whole screen looked like a world map...because of the water marks at the back ground...kinda cool looking...like a wall paper pattern...then it died again. Turned it on again...the silver apple appeared. Then it told me to connect to iTunes, backup & blah blah blah... So I went to turn on my laptop & I attached my cell phone to my laptop...it got really hot & died off!!! Oh boy!!!...that was another wrong move!!!

I remembered my friend told me once that he got his wet cell phone working again by leaving it in the rice container. So I quickly checked it out in Google & YouTube. Read through & watched the videos. I had decided to do the "rice remedy" as I had no other choice because my cell phone was completely dead already...

I went to my kitchen...took a plastic bag & filled it up with 6 scoops of white raw rice. Gently submerged my cell phone in it & tied a knot on the plastic bag. Left it there until the next day. Opened it up after about 6 hours or so... Turned it on...it was alive & it was back to normal... Then I went to charge it...this time it did not get hot. The world map was getting smaller...I guess the water marks evaporated in the rice.

The rice remedy truly works!!! Almost everything is back to normal...& no maps at all...except that I can't get into a few applications. I have a problem with my Wi-Fi slider...I can't slide it 'on'. I back-uped my cell phone but am not able to restore it because it said there isn't enough space!!!... Googled & YouTubed the Wi-Fi problem. Tried the 'Leave Cell Phone In The Freezer' method...it did not work for me...sigh...

It has been 4 days since my cell phone got out from its traumatic fall in the squatting toilet bowl... I have learnt so much within these few days. A very big 'Thank You' to those who had contributed their remedies in the internet. Most of the functions in my cell phone seems to be working fine & going pretty well...thank God for a speedy recovery!!! I am now quite happy with the situation. I will need to go to the Apple Store to get my "a little impaired" iPhone-4 fixed as soon as I get time off...

No comments:

Post a Comment