SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!!!



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Cell Phone In The Toilet Bowl!!!

Has anyone ever dropped your cell phone in the toilet bowl? Hmmmm...I just did yesterday...my cell phone slipped off from my back left pocket of my chestnut colored corduroy trousers. Maybe some of you out there may feel like how I felt... You know it was not just losing a cell phone...it was like "losing a life"... It was truly terrible & it took me so many long hours to get it back. Why so many hours?...because it dropped into the "squatting type toilet bowl" at my work place!!!

So I got frantic...my thoughts went wild!!!...OMG!!!...Oh no!!!...I can't lose all my contacts, my work, my data & my photos in my cell phone!!!...& without any hesitation...I just went down on my knees & laid flat on my left side of my body & shaft my whole left arm right into "it" up to my left shoulder...oh yes I did...& I tried to reach for my cell phone...but unfortunately unable to reach it...because it was probably more than 3 feet deep!!!...which I found out later!!!

Feeling very disappointed...I controlled my tears from ever forming...I retrieved my whole arm & stood up...took a deep breath & ran out of the public washroom like a crazy woman...trying to look for the janitor. Ran into one male janitor...told him what happened & he followed me back into the washroom. He went to the storeroom nearby to get a big black garbage bag to cover his right arm & inserted his arm in "it". He pulled his arm out...gave me a frowning look & told me that he couldn't reach anything.

Then I asked the janitor to get hold of the maintenance officer because I thought he could help by twisting off or sawing parts of the sewer pipe one floor below to get my cell phone. Well...what can I say?...desperation got the better of me... As we were walking briskly out of the washroom...we bumped into the Chief Maintenance Officer (CMO) who happened to be browsing through a newspaper at the news-stand store next to the washroom!!! What are the odds!!!...God bless me!!!

The CMO instructed the janitor to get the commercial vacuum to try to suck my cell phone out...but it kept on falling back down because it was way too heavy... After attempting 2 different huge commercial vacuums & failed...he said he was going to try using the rat glue & a mop stick instead... I told him that wouldn't be necessary & I suggested to him to try to help get a long pair of tongs instead...

As the clock was ticking...my heart was getting more faint thinking that my poor cell phone is so soaked up down under. I got hold of the maintenance officer's super powered torch light & aimed it straight down the toilet bowl...& there it was...my poor little cell phone half drowned in the water right at the bottom...only half visible because of the bottom L-shaped curve at the end of the pipe...there would have been signs of bubbles if it could breathe...sigh...... I asked 1 of the janitors to kindly help turn on the vacuum cleaner on again to suck the water out from soaking my cell phone...he did & it was totally consoling.

The CMO left the washroom to go buy the tongs. Suddenly...the whole washroom was silent... By then...there were 1 friend, 1 maintenance officer & 8 other janitors cramping up in the ladies washroom!!! The silence gathered my sanity...& the first thing that crossed my mind was...oh boy!!!...I need to get my left arm cleaned up!!!...

With my palm facing downwards...I drew my left hand closer...a little by a little towards my nose...I was trying to sniff it...it's not a very clever thing to do but I guess I just did it out of reflex...oh please don't ask why... Hmmmm...to my astonishment!!!...there was no foul smell at all other than a mere "chlorine water" smell. Kudos to the janitors...they do keep "them" sanitized!!! With my head held low...I slowly went to soap up...wash both my hands & arms...rinsed way up to my armpits.

Every minute seemed like an hour. It was getting from worrisome to dreadfulness...It felt precisely like someone's dying in the operation theatre & everybody is just waiting on outside...& the doctor is out somewhere hunting for a pair of surgical scissors...total frenzy!!! Phew!!!...The CMO finally came back in with a pair of 3-feet scissor-like-tong with lobster claws at the other end... The rescue project resumed... Within less than a minute...my cell phone was out!!!... Everyone rejoiced & applauded...they actually clapped their hands?...kinda weird...but...oh well...there I was...laughing & jumping with joy!!!

Thank God & thank you very much to all of you who were involved in the "rescue project"... :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment